Growing up, I was never a fan of raw tomatoes. I still don’t care for them. However, tomatoes prepared in sauces, soups, stews, salsas……I can’t get enough of them! A few simple ingredients can make a simple dish extraordinary.
Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 packages organic grape tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- Garlic granules
- A few fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400
- Rinse tomatoes and place in baking dish. (2 qts)
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Roll tomatoes around to coat with oil and vinegar
- Sprinkle sea salt, cracked pepper and garlic
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or so.
- Sprinkle with fresh cut basil before serving.
If you are baking other dishes at lower temps, you can put the tomatoes in the oven as well. It will just take a bit longer for them to obtain their sweet, roasted taste.