With zucchini season in full swing, I could not resist making this scrumptious dinner. Obviously, I love to roast vegetables. This method is so simple, yet brings out the rich flavor of zucchini. Check out this dinner recipe and tell me what you think!
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 2 zucchini
- 1 bunch green onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 portabello mushroom
- 1 c uncooked brown rice
- 2 T miso paste
- olive oil
- sea salt/pepper
- 1/2 c vegan parm
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice tomatoes in half. Place in small baking dish, drizzle with 1-2 T olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Cut 1/2 cauliflower head into small florets. Toss in bowl with 1-2 T olive and place on baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Slice the zucchini in half – long ways. Brush each side with olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet with parchment paper, skin side up.
- Place all three vegetable trays in oven and roast for 50-60 minutes. Your tomatoes should dry out slightly and the cauliflower should be browned. The zucchini halves will be soft in the center.
- Cook brown rice according to directions.
- Slice green onions, dice portabello mushroom and mince garlic. In a skillet, saute green onions with 1 T olive oil until translucent. Add mushrooms and minced garlic, sauteing until mushrooms are soft.
- Once your zucchini is cool enough to handle, scoop out the seeds and flesh from the center.
- Combine the scraped out zucchini and 1 cup cooked rice to your mushroom/onion mixture. Add the miso paste and vegan parm. Stirring until heated all the way thru.
- Now you can begin layering your zucchini boats. Add a few spoonfuls of the rice mixture into the zucchini. Next, place the roasted cauliflower on top of the rice mixture. Finally, top with the roasted tomatoes.
- Turn down oven to 350.
- Place the zucchini boats back into the oven to reheat.
- Sprinkle with vegan parm before serving.
You will have extra brown rice that you can serve on the side or save for another meal. Play around with other vegetables to fill your zucchini boats. Eggplant, yellow squash and bell peppers would make this dish just as tasty. If you prefer a bit more spice, add red pepper flakes to your rice mixture or simple sprinkle on top before serving.