I have always loved the flavors of lemon picatta. The earthiness of the mushrooms combined with the tang of lemon, olives and capers is amazing. This is a vegan twist on a classic dish. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!
Lemon Picatta Cauliflower
- 1 c uncooked quinoa
- 1 head cauliflower – cut into florets
- 1 pkg mushrooms – sliced
- 6 cloves garlic – sliced thin
- 1/2 c green olives – sliced
- 1/4 c capers
- 1 lemon – sliced thin
- 1/4 c grape seed or olive oil
- 1/8 c lemon juice
- 2 T fresh rosemary – chopped
- 1 T fresh thyme – chopped
- Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cook quinoa according to directions
- Cut cauliflower into small florets.
- Place cauliflower on parchment paper lined cookie sheet and drizzle 1-2 T of oil and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Slice green olives and garlic cloves.
- Combine olives, garlic, capers, lemon juice, oil and herbs in a sauce pan.
- Saute until the garlic has softened.
- Slice lemon and mushrooms.
- Combine cauliflower, mushrooms, lemon and olive mixture in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake at 400 for 45 minutes or so.
- Stir every 15 minutes to ensure that all of the flavors are incorporated.
- Your cauliflower mixture should be nice and toasted.
- Serve over quinoa and season with sea salt and pepper.
You can also serve over brown rice or even pasta. If you are going to use dried herbs, remember that they are a bit more potent. The measurement should be cut in half.